- Information that we collect
- Use and retention of information
- User choices and obligations
- Important information
- Tracking Technologies
1. Information that we collectWe collect the following personal information when you use the Site
(a) Registration, product and account information
You can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information (i.e., name, email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, credit card information, physical contact information) about yourself. If you register for an account with us or use some of our products and services you choose to give us your personal information and are not anonymous to us. When you register an account or use our products and services, create a profile, create a resume, search purchase products, or otherwise engage with our Site, you may provide personal information. Personal information is only associated with your account/profile when you sign in as a registered user. With your consent, your email account messages may be reviewed by us.
(b) Information to respond to your requests
You may give us your personal information so we can respond to your questions and requests as well as send you newsletters and other communications you request. Details of how you can opt-out of receiving any communications from us are detailed in the section headed Accessing, reviewing and changing your personal information below.
(c) Social Media Information
(d) Information about others/Inviting Friends
From time to time you may choose to submit personal information about other people to invite them to join CVHelp. Inviting friends is always optional.
(e) Information from other Sources
The information we collect may be combined with information from outside public records (e.g., demographic information, navigation information, additional contact information) that we have acquired in accordance with the law.
(f) Information that you post on or through the Site
The posting sections of the Site give you an opportunity to provide us with information regarding yourself (e.g., education level, degree or career course of interest, career objectives, employment history, resume, job descriptions) or opinions and reviews of our products and services. Also your profile may contain a photograph or other information that identifies you. In addition, the content you post, and recommendations you make may provide information about your beliefs to us.
(g) Technical Usage Information
2. Use and retention of personal informationWe want to be clear how we use your personal information and the manner in which this information is retained.
(a) Use and retention
- Operate our Site and provide you with our services: We use the personal information we collect including email accounts you might create on our platform to: (1) respond to your questions and requests; (2) provide customer service (e.g., to fulfill product and service orders made by you, give you information about your account to resolve disputes, problems with your account/profile or the Site); (3) personalize your experience by providing content on the Site, including targeted advertising, that we believe may be of most interest to you; (4) improve the Site; and (5) provide you with a safe, efficient, and customized experience.
- Analyse and aggregate non-personal information: We use aggregate information about our users and non-personal information to analyze Site and user behavior and prepare aggregated reports.
- Prevent fraud: We use information from the Site to prevent, detect, and investigate fraud, security breaches, and potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement.
- Communicate with you and third parties at your request: We use your information to contact you, to maintain the Site, your account, or to comply with your stated communication preferences, or to provide other products or services requested by you, as described at the time when we collect the information from you, or to contact you for other purposes authorized by law. If you have chosen to participate in some of our career building Services, the information you share with us may be provided to third parties including, but not limited to, resume editors, employers or recruiters who might contact you about career opportunities, employers seeking candidates and/or other career service providers.
(b) Who We Share Information WithThe information that you provide to CVHelp might be shared with:
- Affiliates and other Third Parties.This means our affiliates and subsidiaries. If we disclose your information with them, their use and disclosure of your information will be subject to this Policy. The information may be disclosed: (1) to provide joint content and our products and services (e.g., registration, transactions, analytics and customer support); (2) to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, violations of our policies, fraud and/or data security breaches; and (3) to guide decisions about our, CVHelp or third party’s products, sites, applications, services, tools, and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications and you will have the opportunity to opt-out in email communications.
- Other Entities with your Consent: We may share your personal information with third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service). On the Site, you may have opportunities to express interest in or register for other products and services. If you do, we will provide information about you to those third parties, or parties working on their behalf, to implement your request.
- Companies In the Mobile App Industry: If you access the Site through a mobile device or app, we may also share your information with Carriers, operating systems and platforms.
- Analytics Providers such as Google Analytics, to evaluate usage of our Site, and to help us improve our services, performance and user experiences.
- Legal and Law Enforcement:Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other CVHelp user to legal liability. In such events, we will only disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, user ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
(c) Communication Preferences and Marketing (Opt out)We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize the Site. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can indicate your communications preference within the direct communication from us or through your account/profile settings. You may not opt-out of administrative emails (for example, emails about your transactions or policy changes) or promotional messages by clicking the “My Account” tab and clicking the “My Settings” and “Preferences” tabs. You may also click the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email or newsletter you receive for your registered account.
3. User Choices and Obligations
(a) Accessing, reviewing and changing your personal informationRegistered members can review and change personal information at any time by accessing their accounts on the Site (through My accounts and My settings). You should promptly update your personal information if it changes or becomes inaccurate. We may retain some information from closed accounts so that we can comply with law, prevent fraud, assist with investigations, resolve disputes, analyze or troubleshoot programs, enforce our User Agreement, or take other actions permitted by law. Likewise, if your account or membership is terminated or suspended, we may maintain some information to prevent re-registration. For non-registered members, you may update or request to access your personal information by contacting us as set forth in the How to Contact us section below. We will endeavor to comply with your requests as soon as reasonably possible but please note that changes requested of us may not be effective immediately. Unless required by law, we are not responsible for informing third parties (including without limitation our third party service providers, potential employers, job-posting sites you authorize us to contact on your behalf, or strategic or marketing partners) with whom we have already shared your information of any changes requested pursuant to this section, or for removing information from or causing information to be removed from the databases or records of such entities.
(b) SecurityCVHelp has in place several measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or alteration. For example, we use firewalls, data encryption and physical access controls to our data centers and information access authorization controls.
4. Important information
(a) Children’s privacy
CVHelp is not for use by anyone under the age of 13. However, if local laws provide for an alternative minimum age for CVHelp to lawfully provide the services in the Site to you, then that shall apply as the applicable minimum age. We do not knowingly collect personal information via our websites, applications, services, or tools from users under the age of 13 or the age of majority in your jurisdiction.If you are a minor and want to remove the information you posted to the Site, please contact us via the email or mailing address listed in Contact us section. Removal of the information you posted does not ensure its complete or comprehensive removal.
5. Tracking Technologies (Cookies)Tracking technology used to enhance your online experience.
(a) Tracking Technologies (Cookies)
When you visit the Site, we and our business partners may use tracking technologies to enhance your online experience or customize our offerings. A few additional important things you should know about our use of tracking technologies (cookies):
- We offer certain features that are available only through the use of tracking technologies.
- We use both session and persistent tracking technologies. Tracking technologies (e.g., cookies) can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser). You are always free to decline tracking technologies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site. Refer to the help section of your browser, browser extensions, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling tracking technologies such as cookies.
- We encode and protect the tracking technologies that CVHelp sets, so that only we can interpret the information stored in them.
- You may encounter tracking technologies/cookies from our third party service providers, that we have allowed on our Site that assist us with various aspects of our Site operations and services, such as Google Analytics.
- You also may encounter tracking technologies from third parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorized. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page).
- We may target and track the videos you view on the Site. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through the Site or third party social media for up to two years or as permitted by applicable law.
6. Notice to California ResidentsSpecial section that only applies to California residents (“California users” in this section).
(a) The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
The CCPA requires that we provide certain information to California users about how we handle certain personal information that we have collected. Pursuant to the CCPA, “personal information” is any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household, including the categories identified below to the extent they identify, relate to, describe, are capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
(b) California Users’ Rights and Restrictions on Particular Business Practices
- California consumers have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information. We do not sell personal information.
- Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to make the following requests at no charge for a maximum of two times every 12 months:
- Request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about them in the prior 12 months.
- Request deletion of personal information that we have collected about you, subject to certain exemptions (for example, where the information is used by us to detect security incidents, debugging or to comply with a legal obligation).
- Request that we disclose certain information about how we have managed your personal information in the prior 12 months, including the categories of personal information collected, categories of third parties with whom we have disclosed or shared your personal information, categories of sources of personal information, business and/or commercial purposes for collecting and selling their personal information, categories personal information that we have disclosed or shared with third parties for a business purpose, categories of personal information collected, categories of third parties to whom the consumer’s personal information has been sold and the specific categories of personal information sold to each category of third party.
(c) Categories of Personal Information
The items below are the categories of personal information that we may collect and disclose for a business purpose, these items do not address or any information herein provided to not address our handling of personal information that may be subject to an exemption under Section 1798.145 (c) through (f) of the CCPA.
- Name, Contact Information and Identifiers. Name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email, account name, or other analogous identifiers.
- Employment History. Professional or employment-related information.
- Education Information. Information about education history or background.
- Protected Classifications. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, citizenship status, and genetic information.
- Usage Data. Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a California consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Purchase History and Tendencies. Commercial information including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Customer Records. Electronic customer records containing personal information, like name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history.
- AudioVisual.AudioVisual. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Geolocation data. Precise geographic location information about a particular individual or device.
- Profiles and Inferences. Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a California consumer reflecting the California consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
(d) Incentives and Discrimination
Pursuant to the CCPA, companies are prohibited from discriminating against California users that exercise their rights under the CCPA. The CCPA imposes requirements on any financial incentives offered to California users in connection with their personal information. Businesses may offer different prices, rates, or quality of goods or services only if the difference is reasonably related to the value of the consumer’s data.
(e) Submitting Requests
You can submit a copy, deletion and right-to-know request online by sending a request by clicking this link, by sending an email to email@example.com, or by contacting us at the toll-free number in Contact us.
7. Notice to Residents of Countries in the European Economic AreaThis section only applies to users that are residents in any country within the European Economic Area.
CVHelp complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Therefore, CVHelp represents to all European data subjects their respective data privacy rights, to the extent applicable, which include: (i) right to rectify inaccurate data in connection to your account; (ii) right to erasure or deletion of your personal information; (iii) right to restrict CVHelp’s processing of your personal information; (iv) right of data portability; and (v) right to object. You can exercise any of these rights by clicking here or by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, we may ask that you provide sufficient information to identify yourself prior to providing access to your personal information.
Sometimes CVHelp will not be able or obliged to comply with part or all of your individual requests. Please be aware that we have the right to refuse and/or charge a monetary fee for requests which are unfounded or excessive. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU Supervisory Authority.
8. Notice to United Kingdom (“UK”) residents
CVHelp complies with the UK General Data Protection Regulation (“UK GDPR”) and affords UK residents their rights in accordance with law. All rights listed on Section 7 shall apply to UK residents respectively. We value your privacy and your rights as a data subject and have therefore appointed DataRep as our privacy representative and your point of contact. DataRep gives you an easy way to exercise your privacy-related rights (e.g. requests to access or erase personal data). If you want to contact us via our representative or make use of your data subject rights, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.