- WHAT ARE COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGY?
- CONTROLLING AND DELETING COOKIES
- CONTACT US
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGY, AND HOW DO WE USE THEM?a)“Cookies”. ‘Cookies’. A cookie (sometimes referred to as local storage object or LSO) is a data file placed on a device. Cookies can be created via a variety of web-related protocols and technology, such as HTTP (sometimes referred to as ‘browser cookies’), HTML5 or Adobe Flash. We use tracking technology (including cookies, flash cookies, web beacons/GIFs and embedded scripts) to collect usage information. We may use tracking technology for a variety of purposes, including:
- Functional cookies. Functional cookies are essential for the Site to function properly. These cookies allow websites to remember the user’s site preferences and the choices that they make on the Site, including username, region and language. They are anonymous and don’t track browsing activity across other websites. These cookies remember your preferences on our website.
- Performance and web analytics cookies. Performance cookies allow us to gather statistical data on how the website is performing to make improvements. Web analytics cookies allow us to gather information regarding how you access the Site, for how long you stay and which parts of the Site you have visited. These cookies don’t collect identifiable information from you, which means that all the data collected is anonymous and only used to improve the functionality of a website.
- Marketing and other cookies. Marketing cookies allow us to gather information to display advertisements based on topics that are relevant to you, allowing us to send you tailored offers. They also allow our partners to display relevant advertisements based on your interests.
b) When you log in we may collect your password and computer and/or connection information. There will also be some instances in which we will use some software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, time spent on certain pages and page interaction information.
c) Our goal is to collect and use only information that we think is required for our legitimate business interests in order to better understand your interests and improve your experience of using the Site.
- We offer certain features that are available only through the use of tracking technology.
- We use both session and persistent tracking technology. Tracking technology (e.g. cookies) can either be persistent (i.e. they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e. they last only until you close your browser). You are always free to decline any type of tracking technology, as long as it is not essential, if your browser permits this. However, doing so may interfere with your use of the Site. Refer to the Help section of your browser, browser extensions or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting or disabling tracking technology such as cookies.
- We encode and protect the tracking technology set by the Merchant so that only we can interpret the information stored there.
- You may encounter tracking technology/cookies from our third-party service providers that we have allowed on our site, such as Google Analytics. They assist us with various aspects of our website operations and services.
- You also may encounter tracking technology from third parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorised. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
3. CONTROLLING AND DELETING COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGYIf you wish to restrict, remove or refuse to accept cookies set by any website (including this Site), you should do this in your account under the privacy settings or via the browser settings for each browser that you use to access the Internet. The Help function within your browser should tell you how to do this.
The following parties that collect information from you on our Site have given us notice that you may obtain information on their policies and practices, and in some instances opt out of certain of their activities, as follows:
|Cookie type||Duration||Party||Cookie name||Cookie description|
|Advertising/Marketing||Persistent – Two years||doubleclick.net||IDE||This is used to measure the conversion rate of ads presented to the user.|
|Functional||Session||CVHelp – Builder||dvc||This cookie is created to store details of the user’s device.|
|Functional||Persistent – One year||FreshWorks||_fw_crm_v||This collects information on users’ preferences and/or interaction with web-campaign content.|
|Functional||Session||CVHelp – Builder||ruid||This is created by OWIN for authentication purposes.|
|Functional||Session||CVHelp – Builder||lu||This is used to maintain users’ sessions. It stores the number of ticks that represent the date and time when the user’s session was last updated.|
|Functional||Persistent – Five years||CVHelp – Builder||user_consent||This cookie will be set when the user has seen or consented to the GDPR Policy.|
|Functional||Session||CVHelp – Builder||dc||This cookie is generated and used to store a user’s document data.|
|Functional||Persistent – Max age||G_ENABLED_IDPS||This is used to sign in to Google.|
|Functional||Session||CVHelp – Builder||sn||This cookie is used to store information about users who have signed in.|
|Functional||Session||CVHelp – Builder||ips||This cookie is created to track IP and address details.|
|Functional||Session||CVHelp – Builder||sid||This cookie is created to store a user’s session ID.|
|Functional||Persistent – Five years||CVHelp – Builder||smrtlk_session||This cookie is created to store details of a user’s Smartlook session.|
|Functional||Persistent – Five years||CVHelp – Builder||bid||This cookie is created to store the browser’s ID generated for a user.|
|Functional||Session||CVHelp – Builder||lc||This cookie exists whenever a user enters the cover letter funnel in our application.|
|Performance||Session||NewRelic||JSESSIONID||This is used by New Relic to monitor session counts for an application.|
|Performance and web analytics||Persistent – One year||Blueshift||_bs||This cookie is used by Blueshift, integrated via Segment.|
|Performance and web analytics||Session||CVHelp – Builder||visit_utms||This cookie is created to store UTM parameters.|
|Performance and web analytics||Persistent – One year||Segment||ajs_user_id||This cookie is created and maintained by Segment for tracking purposes.|
|Performance and web analytics||Persistent – One year||Google Analytics||_ga||This cookie is created by Google Analytics to manage visitors reports.|
|Performance and web analytics||Persistent||Google Analytics||_gid||This cookie is created by Google Analytics to manage visitors reports.|
|Performance and web analytics||Persistent – One year||Smartlook||SL_C_*_SID||Smartlook cookies|
|Performance and web analytics||Persistent – One year||Smartlook||SL_C_*_VID||Smartlook cookies|
|Performance and web analytics||Persistent – One year||Smartlook||SL_C_*_KEY||Smartlook cookies|
|Performance and web analytics||Persistent||NID||This cookie contains a unique ID used by Google to remember your preferences and other information.|
|Performance and web analytics||Persistent||1P_JAR||This is set and used by Google.|
|Performance and web analytics||Persistent||Google Analytics||_gat||This cookie is created and used by Google Analytics to filter requests from bots.|
|Performance and web analytics||Persistent||Mixpanel||mp_*_mixpanel||This cookie is used by Mixpanel to capture a user’s traits/properties.|
|Performance and web analytics||Persistent – One year||Segment||ajs_anonymous_id||This cookie is created and maintained by Segment for tracking purposes.|
Web Beacons Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as ‘1 × 1 GIFs’ or ‘clear GIFs’) may be included on our online service’s pages and in messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a page or email can act as a web beacon.
Clear gifs Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to HTTP cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of a user’s computer, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the full stop at the end of this sentence.
Embedded Script Embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interaction with the online service, such as the links that you click. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the online service, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.