Effective date: August 31, 2017
The Site is owned and operated by the Merchant who is the data controller over the personal information.
1. Information that we collect
We collect the following personal information when you use the Site
(a) Registration, product and account information:
You can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information (i.e. name, email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, credit card information or physical contact information) about yourself.
If you register for an account with us or use some of our products and services, create a profile or create a CV, you choose to give us your personal information so that we may identify you, provide the relevant products and services and contact you if necessary. Personal information is only associated with your account/profile when you sign in as a registered user. [With your consent, your email account messages may be reviewed by us.]
(b) Information to respond to your requests
You may give us your personal information so that we can respond to your questions and requests, as well as send you newsletters and other communications requested by you. Details of how you can opt out of receiving any communications from us are detailed in the section headed Accessing, reviewing and changing your personal information, below.
(c) Social media information
We may offer sign-in services that allow you to use third-party login credentials to access the Site. We may also offer services that allow you to share information with third-party social media websites, such as Facebook, Google Plus (Google+), Twitter and others.
When you link your account or engage with our Site through third-party social media sites, you understand that you may be allowing us to have on-going access to certain information stored on these social media sites (e.g. your social networking credentials, your public profile, friends list, photos, people you follow or who follow you, your email address, birthday, work history, education history, interests, current city/town, religious and political views, website, personal description and likes, and your friends' birthdays, education histories, personal descriptions and likes). We may also receive other information (e.g. content viewed and information about the advertisements within the content that you have been shown or may have clicked, etc.) from your interaction with our Site.
You agree that we may share your video viewing with, or obtain information about your video viewing from, analytics providers and advertising partners, third-party partners and social media sites for two years or until you withdraw your consent.
(d) Information about others/Inviting friends
From time to time, you may choose to submit personal information about other people to invite them to join the Merchant. Inviting friends is always optional.
(e) Information from other sources
The information that we collect may be combined with information from outside public records (e.g. demographic information, navigation information or additional contact information) that we have acquired in accordance with the law.
(f) Information that you post on or through the Site
The posting sections of the Site give you an opportunity to provide us with information about yourself (e.g. education level, degree or career course of interest, career objectives, employment history, CV, job descriptions) or opinions and reviews of our products and services. Your profile may also contain a photograph or other information that identifies you. In addition, the content that you post and recommendations that you make may provide us with information about your beliefs.
2. Use and retention of personal information
We want to be clear how we use your personal information and the manner in which this information is retained.
(a) Use and retention
- Operate our Site and provide you with our services: We use the personal information that we collect, including email accounts that you might create on our platform, to: (1) respond to your questions and requests; (2) provide customer service (e.g. to fulfil product and service orders made by you, give you information about your account to resolve disputes, problems with your account/profile or the Site); (3) personalise your experience by providing content on the Site, including targeted advertising, that we believe may be of most interest to you; (4) improve the Site; and (5) provide you with a safe, efficient and customised experience.
- Analyse and aggregate non-personal information: We use aggregate information about our users, as well as non-personal information, to analyse Site and user behaviour and to prepare aggregated reports.
- Prevent fraud: We use information from the Site to prevent, detect and investigate fraud, security breaches and potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement.
- Communicate with you and third parties at your request: We use your personal information to contact you to maintain the Site, your account or to comply with your stated communication preferences, or to provide other products or services requested by you, as described at the time when we collect the information from you, or to contact you for other purposes authorised by law. If you have chosen to participate in some of our career-building services, the information that you share with us may be provided to third parties as part of that service, including, but not limited to, CV editors, employers or recruiters who might contact you about career opportunities, employers seeking candidates and/or other career service providers.
When you access the Site on a mobile device, we may use personal information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results and other personalised content.
We retain personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with the applicable laws. You consent to our retention of your video-viewing tracking data for as long as permissible under applicable law and up to one year after you close your account or otherwise withdraw consent for video tracking.
Your information might be shared with:
- The Merchant's corporate family and other third parties: We may share the information that we collect about you with the Merchant's corporate family (our affiliates, as well as with third-party suppliers. The information may be disclosed: (1) to provide joint content and our products and services (e.g. registration, transactions, analytics and customer support); (2) to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, violations of our policies, fraud and/or data security breaches; and (3) to guide decisions about our, the Merchant's or third party's products, sites, applications, services, tools and communications.
Other entities with your consent:
We may share your personal information with third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service). On the Site, you may have opportunities to express interest in, or register for, other products and services. If you do, we will provide information about you to these third parties, or parties working on their behalf, to implement your request.
You have the option to opt-in to receive direct marketing from selected third parties. With your consent, we will also share your information with members of our corporate family who will use your personal information to send you marketing communications. You will have the opportunity to opt-out of such marketing communications through email communications.
- Companies in the mobile app industry: If you access the Site through a mobile device or app, we may also share your information with operators, operating systems and platforms.
- Legal and law enforcement: Law enforcement, governmental agencies or authorised third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, or any other activity that may expose us, you or any other Merchant user to legal liability. In such events, we will only disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or enquiry.
(c) Communication preferences and marketing
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent. We may combine your information with information that we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalise the Site. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can indicate your communication preference [on registration] and within the direct communication from us or through your account/profile settings.
You may opt out of administrative emails (for example, emails about your transactions or policy changes) or promotional messages by clicking the 'My account' tab and clicking the 'My settings' and 'Preferences' tabs. You may also click the Unsubscribe link in the footer of any email or newsletter that you receive for your registered account.
(d) Third parties
Our Site may contain links to other third-party websites, and the Merchant may provide products and services that share information with third-party sites for your job search, with your consent. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third-party sites, so it is important to familiarise yourself with their privacy policies before providing any personal information to such sites.
3. User choices and obligations
(a) Accessing, reviewing and changing your personal information
Registered members can review and change personal information at any time by accessing their accounts on the Site (through My accounts and My settings). You should update your personal information promptly if it changes or becomes inaccurate. We may retain some information from closed accounts so that we can comply with the law, prevent fraud, assist with investigations, resolve disputes, analyse or troubleshoot programs, enforce our User Agreement or take any other actions permitted by law. Likewise, if your account or membership is terminated or suspended, we may maintain some information to prevent re-registration. For non-registered members, you may update or request access to your personal information by contacting us as set forth in the How to contact us section below.
We will endeavour to comply with your requests as soon as reasonably possible, but please note that changes requested of us may not be effective immediately. Unless required by law, we are not responsible for informing third parties (including, without limitation, our third-party service providers, potential employers, job-posting sites that you authorise us to contact on your behalf, or strategic or marketing partners) with whom we have already shared your information of any changes requested pursuant to this section, or for removing information from, or causing information to be removed from, the databases or records of such entities.
We maintain technical, physical and administrative security measures to protect the security of your personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure copying, use or alteration. Some of the safeguards that we use include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres and information access authorisation controls.
4. Important information
(a) Children's privacy
The Site is a general-audience site and it is not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information via our websites, applications, services or tools from minors.
If you are a minor/their guardian and want to remove the information posted to the Site, please contact us via the email or postal address listed in the How to contact us section below.
(b) International transfer